God Bless America?
This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart (their lifestyle) is far from me. Matthew 15:8
…. I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7
When Israel came to the Promised Land, they saw the wonderful power of God delivering them from their enemies. Later, when Israel forgot Him, there arose a new generation that knew not the Lord or the things he had done for them (Judges 2:10).
According to scripture our enemy, the devil, has many tactics. One of them is causing people to forget the Lord. Unless we read His word on a daily basis we, too, will forget His works. In the early sixties, we as a society told God that we did not want Him influencing us anymore in the following areas:
1. No more prayer in the classroom
Prayer is considered unconstitutional. How did it get in there in the first place? Remember, freedom of prayer was one of the main reasons we came to this land in the first place.
2. No longer is the Bible allowed to be taught or even read on school property.
When schools were first started in our country, the primary purpose of teaching was to enable people to read the Bible and find life’s meaning. Our founding fathers rejected the idea of a democracy and designed a republic. A republic can only work in a society that is morally good. Since God and his word has been removed, we see lawlessness in the schools at an alarming rate.
3. The Ten Commandments have been removed from school walls
The Supreme Law of the Land said that children might obey them if they stayed. Since their removal more murders, suicides and sex crimes have taken place in the schools than in any other period in history (Ichabod-the glory has departed). Again, how did they stay in the schools for over 200 years?
4. Adultery/fornication is no longer a Crime
For hundreds of years if a man cheated on his wife of vice versa, it was considered a crime against the law of land. Only during this generation was it removed from the law books or just not enforced. When people in churches are committing these acts, leaders refuse to discipline their flock because of the fear of man instead of the love of God.
5. Homosexuality is not a horrible sin any longer
George Washington, the father of our country, when he was General of the Continental Army, kicked out a soldier for attempted Sodomy. He considered it a moral evil in any society. Many states punished this sin with death. Daniel Webster spoke of it as an unspeakable act. In 1960, all 50 states had anti-sodomy laws, forty years later only nine still had them. Recently, the U. S. Supreme court ruled that anti-sodomy laws were unconstitutional.
In 2014, a professed Christian in Florida, who was voted in because of his professed Christian values not only voted to allow Sodomites to parade their lifestyles in front of impressionable children, but also to allow them other privileges. When asked why he replied “We all evolve. We all change, I'm not going to stand in the way of families." Just a little over a year earlier, he voted against it because of his religious faith.
6. We have rejected God’s command to discipline our children and instead build self esteem.
Even though there are people in our country that abuse their children and should be punished, God’s word tells us that if we spare the rod, we hate our children. Since the influence of such men as Benjamin Spock, children have been allowed to express their sinful nature, instead of being motivated for good.
7. We encourage our elderly to commit sin because of the laws of Social Security.
Many times when I go into elderly homes I often meet older men and women living together. They say they can’t afford to marry for if they married they would lose their social security and have to return to work. Think about it we are putting penalties for doing what is right.
8. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
He that does not work does not eat. That was the rule that Captain John Smith gave to the Jamestown settlement which kept it from disaster. There are untold thousands of people who are fully capable of working, but would rather collect welfare. It’s not these people who are responsible for this, but we that are allowing it to happen.
9. We have filled our shopping centers and gas stations with pornography and call it advertising.
Front covers of magazines are showing more of women’s body than Playboy did in their first ten years. With groups like N.O.W. and others why aren’t they crying out about the exploitation of women as being portrayed as sex objects.
10. Instead of being set apart from the world, we identify with them.
God calls his people to be set apart, and to be a holy people. Instead the church has become just like the people in the days of Amos, God’s people had been compromise so much that they had justified Nazarites drinking wine, just as the church has done today.
But ye gave the Nazarites wine to drink; and commanded the prophets, saying, Prophesy not. Amos 2:12
11. We have enticed the poor with the Lottery
God’s word tells us in many places especially in the book of Proverbs, that we should not desire to be rich. In our state we have the lottery and the reason for having it was because the profits would be used for education. The truth behind it is if the lottery gives $100,000,000 to the state, then $100,000,000 that the state had set aside for education is pulled and used for who knows what reason. So in the end the lottery feeds off of people who have the desire to be rich and the only ones that profit are the state and the lottery commission. Even the winner of the lottery loses. Just look at what happens to those who have won in the past and see for yourself. If only we would heed God’s word.
12. We protect the guilty and murder the innocent.
Not long after God was removed from our nation states starting banning the death penalty saying that it is inhumane to kill a human being. At the same time a law was passed allowing women to murder innocent babies while still in the womb. Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil. Isaiah 5:20
13. We allow ourselves to be entertained by some of the lowest degenerate people in our country and call them our heroes.
When we watch some of the movies that were made during and before the 50’s, I am amazed how some of them:
* Quoted from the Bible in a positive way
* They never showed a man and a woman in the same bed even if they were playing man and wife.
* Foul language was not permitted and if anything was done indecent it was reviewed and cut out.
* Actors and actresses had to sign a section in their contract to be a role model. There was accountability.
* All the scripts prior to the mid 60’s had to be approved by the church.
Now in the 22nd century we have the following problems:
* Rated movies where we now have to screen the G-rated films to see if it is okay to allow our kids to watch.
* We find out that these actors and actresses live such a perverted lifestyle and our society has no problem with it. Regardless of what people think, these films influence America especially our young people. There is no accountability for their actions.
* The language is so bad that companies have made machines to remove it. Doesn’t that tell us something? The most intimate relationship between a husband and wife are being acted out on the screen. In the 1960’s those acts would have been considered rated X
14. The leaders of our churches have forgotten their God-given responsibilities to be an example to the flock, to preach holiness and separation from the philosophies of this world and instead have become fearful of man instead of God.
In the over 30 years that I have been saved and served in the churches from Seattle to Tampa, I have seen how the church is losing the battle. We have become like the church of Laodicea thinking that we are rich, clothed with goods and not realizing that we are poor and blind.
God is calling for men and women who are tired of living in compromise and are willing to commit their lives to be a living sacrifice, holy acceptable unto God.
Is God calling you?
Are you Listening?
Will you answer the call?
You may be reading this and you have never answered the most important question in your life and that is …
How does anyone get to heaven?
First realize that they cannot get to heaven on their own merits. The Bible says that “For all have sinned and come short (that means everybody can’t get to Heaven on their own) of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)
Jesus Christ (who is the Son of the living God) came to earth and was born of a virgin woman (therefore he was not born of the curse of mankind) he lived a sinless life and died on a cross for all the sins in the world. Three days later, God the Father raised Him from the dead. He was seen of 500 witnesses and returned to heaven. God’s word says that if we believe these things and call upon the Lord, we will be saved. Romans 10:9 - 13