The Dangers of Public Schools
“Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy Youth.” Eccl. 12:1
Many times throughout the Old Testament Israel would turn their backs on God and start serving other gods including Molech. In this religion it was demanded that the firstborn son was passed through the fire thus destroying their children. Some of the kings of Israel not only allowed it, but participated with their firstborn as well. This was in direct opposition of God’s design for He said that the first born belonged to him in a special way. The youth were trained in a way that they would forget the Lord, not even think of serving him.
God’s mercy would only go so far for Him to allow a pagan nation to enslave them. When things got bad, they would remember the Lord and cry out for His deliverance.
Today we are faced with the same problem. We have allowed ungodly men to be in authority. They have twisted the law and the very things that this nation was founded on. Like the Israelites, they came to a land flowing with milk and honey. Their purpose was the starting a nation built on the laws of God only to abandon them to follow after vain philosophies.
I have worked in the school system for years and have seen the damaging philosophies that are destroying our children on a weekly basis. When God commanded that youth know their Creator it was so they would know that there are absolutes of right and wrong, not the lie of what is right for you is not necessary right for me.
When our Creator is rejected, then everyone does that which is right in their own eyes. It is this philosophy that is satanic in nature.
The only way to save our children is to obey God concerning His philosophy of education.
“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest … and when thou walkest … when thou liest down … and riseth up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-7
A teacher recently told me of a 12 year old who cussed her out in front of the class. When she phoned his mother, the mother replied, “He is yours from 8 – 3. He’s your problem, not mine.” She had bought the lie that it’s the state’s responsibility to supply your child’s education. This is why so many parents are expecting the state to accomplish what God has ordained the parent to do.
“Train (dedicate) up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
This verse communicates that there is a specific way to train a child. I wonder if Christian moms and dads were asked to write down the principals in which God has commanded that their children were to be brought up by, if they would know what they are. How do they know they are bringing them up correctly?
It’s ironic that our nation was started by people who wanted to come to a land to be free to worship God according to their faith and to raise their children with an education that was founded upon the scriptures. The first law concerning education in our country was called the Ole’ Deluder Act. It established the first town school system in America. This system was to recognize the importance of the Bible in a civilized society. This system that flourished in our country until a select group of men, who had either forgotten or were ignorant of our past, made it a crime to mention God in any way. In some schools in our country if a student prays out loud during lunch, he or she can be suspended and even fined.
In 1980 when another select group of men decided that having a posted copy of the Ten Commandments on the school walls would induce the children to read, meditate and even obey the commandments, they outlawed the Ten Commandments from the classroom.
God told his people that if we honored His word, He would protect us. If we rejected His word, a curse would come upon us and our land. Here are just a few of those curses:
• God said, “Thou shalt not kill”. Since the commandments have been removed, our country is seeing more killings in the schools that ever could be imagined.
• God said, “Thou shalt not commit adultery”. Divorce has risen over 500% since the Bible was removed. All over the country there are daycare centers for girls as young as 12 who are having babies. Some states have made it a crime to say that there are absolutes of right and wrong. They are actually encouraging our young people to engage in sexual affairs. Is it any wonder that after one generation without God one study showed over 50% of teenagers saying that they saw nothing wrong in date rape?
• God said, “Honor thy Father and thy Mother”. We now have a state run education system where if a young girl gets pregnant the state will allow her to get an abortion without the knowledge of her parents. I know of a young girl who had several abortions before she turned 17 and her parents never knew until it was all over.
Parents need to realize that by registering their children in the public school system they are waiving their constitutional rights as parents. If mom and dad discipline, spank but not abuse their child and the child goes to school and a teacher finds out, the school has the authority to put the child into a foster home.
What about education itself? One study concluded that a large percentage of high school graduates were unable to do the following:
• Fill out an application for a job.
• Basic math problems.
• Point out the United States on a world map.
Even after I accepted Christ as my Savior I still saw my life as before. It wasn’t until I started building my life under God’s principals that I saw life the way God wanted me to. When two people are looking at the same thing and come out with two different opinions, it is because their basis of thinking is different not the evidence.
Over 70% of Christian families today send their children to public schools. By the time they finish college less than 17% stay committed to their faith. The reason for this is the foundation in which the Christian student is being taught in school. It opposes the fundamental principals to Christianity.
Several studies taken among born-again teenagers who went to public schools revealed:
• Most teens did not have a problem having sex before marriage.
• They did not believe that a wife needs to submit to her husband. A woman has her right to be independent. What most women, as well as men, don’t realize is that being independent is to be free from what God has ordained in marriage.
• A stay at home mother is a thing of the past. I even heard a pastor preach from the pulpit that mothers need to get out in the workforce. When I was going to school in the late sixties most girls after school got married and started families.
It should not be surprising that these things are happening to the young people in our culture. It is consistent with what is being preached to them in the public schools.
Why not see life in the way that our Creator wants us to see it. The only way we will be able is to return back to the Bible.
“Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of men.” John 5:39
How does anyone get to heaven?
First realize that they cannot get to heaven on their own merits. The Bible says that “For all have sinned and come short (that means everybody can’t get to Heaven on their own) of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)
Jesus Christ (who is the Son of the living God) came to earth and was born of a virgin woman (therefore he was not born of the curse of mankind) he lived a sinless life and died on a cross for all the sins in the world. Three days later, God the Father raised Him from the dead. He was seen of 500 witnesses and returned to heaven. God’s word says that if we believe these things and call upon the Lord, we will be saved. Romans 10:9 - 13